What are some early warning signs of Alzheimer’s Disease?
Dementia and Alzheimer’s are often confused as being the same, but they’re not. Dementia describes a set of symptoms that include degraded memory, reasoning, and thinking. Alzheimer’s is a brain disease that causes dementia, but dementia can also be caused by other conditions.
One of the challenges with identifying the symptoms of Alzheimer’s is that memory problems naturally increase with age. It’s important then to distinguish age-related memory changes from memory problems that interfere with daily life.
Here are ten early warning signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s. If you notice any of them, please see a doctor.
- Uncharacteristic changes in mood and personality
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Misplacing things, unable to retrace steps
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Trouble understanding visual signs
- Confusion with time or place
- Difficulty completing tasks
- Challenges in solving problems
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
21 “Mobile Friendly” Elder Care / Senior Care Directories
If you need help with this elder care matter or with any Elder Care / Senior Care issue, you can find the help you need in one of the following 21 “Mobile Friendly” Elder Care / Senior Care Directories. These Elder Care / Senior Care – specific Directories are sponsored by the National ElderCare Matters Alliance, an organization of thousands of America’s TOP Elder Care / Senior Care Professsionals who help families plan for and deal with a wide range of Elder Care Matters.
Family Connect Care
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
An ElderCare Matters Partner
Ten Early Warning Signs of Alzheimer"s